View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Gramie bj

40 + years ago my Dad made Mom a doll house.Dad has been gone 30 yrs. this Sept. They spent many hrs. designing there dream home, three floors, 3 1/2 bath, 4 BR, den, family room, lg kitchen, you name it they put it in, outside porches even a yard. it sits on a lazy susan set up in the corner of her living room,takes up a 4 by 8 sheet of plywood. its on casters and can be rolled out from the corner when her great grand's come to visit. Mom never got her dream home but she has redecorated this place about every other year. Dad even wired it for electricty 6 D batteries. She deco. it for all holidays. She has used fab. for wall paper felt for carpet,lace and ribbon for table runners,you get the Idea, over the years she has saved everything ever made or purchased for this doll house and now has 5 full plastic tubs and asked me to pick her up another one. I think she is starting to redecorate again LOL She has health problems, and can no longer do a lot of what she used to love, GK and I visit as much as we can and she loves to turn the kids loose with her doll house just sits back and watches and listens to there Ideas. We hear a lot of -Grandma you really need--------! Almost scared to see what she has up her sleeve this trip. She has been calling the 9 yr.old GD my DD said she heard the words sayran wrap, tin foil and water mentioned in the same breath!LOL No telling what MOM and this special Gd have planed!!!! These 2 could be twins except for the 80 yr diff. in age!