Old 04-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Moose

I don't know if you can find one under 1000 new and if used ones are already out there since it's fairly new. The show price was 999 and so far i've not seen anyone pay less than that and it's not from the lack of trying. LOL

As far as haggling, i'm not even sure how that works myself; it just happens. I know what I want, I do my research (prices, features etc) and have usually a comparable alternative by a competitor in mind which i openly discuss with the vendor, i don't let them know their product is on top of my list until i'm ready to pull out my checkbook, i don't buy on impulse, i don't buy when i'm in a hurry, i don't want them to read me, i ask for price freezes instead if it's a product i haven't researched or i'm unsure, this same price freeze can be used as leverage elsewhere (i figure, if it's a good price, then i'll be back). Ultimately, it never hurts to ask, the worst that can happen is 'no'. If they don't budge on price, ask if they can throw in some supplies, free maintenance, or classes or whatever you need/want and know what those are worth before hand. Take your time, don't let them pressure you; you're the one that should pressure them :) Knowledge is power.

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
Hello,

I've never been to a big quilt show, but get my first opportunity next Saturday. I am also interested in the Quest Plus, if I can find one under $1000. Since I'm not familiar with the process at shows for 'haggling' or even if you can bargain, could someone please inform me as to how I might approach this process? Thanks,

Karla