View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 07:36 PM
dljennings

Originally Posted by ckcowl
check with the airline you are flying --- just before you go---the list of items you are allowed to take changes...and is different for different airlines- so it's important to check with the specific airline- it would be a bummer to loose a tool important to you...this happened to me- we flew out west- the airline we went on allowed sewing scissors 4"long or shorter- with sharp points.
i took a grandma's flower garden project to work on on the plane.
on the way back 2 weeks later my wonderful stork scissors were confiscated---the agent was VERY RUDE ABOUT IT when my hubby and i stated- they came with me in the same travel case as they are in now---just 2 weeks ago...

today- according to the rules you can have scissors up to 4" long- pins, needles, pin cushion...
to be on the safe side though i recommend doing all the prep work- so you wont need scissors- and pick up a little thread cutter pendant you can wear to snip threads.
i have that thread cutter pendant.. i beaded a lovely necklace onto an elastic cord to put it on & it worked great... i would prethread your needles if you can... i threaded 30 + needles onto the spool of thread because i had trouble threading them on the plane the time b4 that.. i just theaded them all on, used a hair tie to hold them on.. pulled the next needle with a length of thread & off i went.. took an old prescription bottle to put the used needles in.