View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Chasing Hawk

Originally Posted by suebee
Originally Posted by countrycottage
Today's post about chenille bedspreads reminded me of the one I had in my room when I was a teenager. Mother got it with S&H Green Stamps (trading stamps). You could get all kinds of things with trading stamps, ranging from toys to linens, to cookware, dishes, lamps, furniture, most anything. After I married and moved to Dallas, we also got Gold Bond stamps and Top Value stamps. My daughter still uses a table lamp that my husband and I got with trading stamps shortly after we were married, and I have several pieces of Revere Ware cookware. In fact my kitchen would have been kind of sparsely furnished back then had it not been for those stamps!
Oh my gosh, YES!!! I remember...my mom used to collect them and they even had S&H green stamp stores to redeem, I loved going with her. So....now that you brought this up I have a hilarious story about S&H Green stamps...here it goes... so my mom and dad had a group of friends that all hung out together all the time. One of their friends was a doctor that this whole group went to and took their kids to. The ladies even went to him for their "womanly check ups". One of my mom's friend went in for her check up, while she was waiting in the doctors office, she had to use the restroom, well..she got in their did her business and realized they were out of toilet paper. She grabbed a kleenex out of her purse, all was well. Soon after she was called in to the exam room. She was all ready to go when Doctor Bill came in (remember, they are all friends). He started his examination and burst out laughing...YES...she had a green stamp stuck down there. Must have been in the tissue she used previously. Well I would have been so embarrased had that happen to me, but let me tell you, just about every camping trip after this, the story was re-hashed. I will NEVER forget that as long as I live.
OMg, too funny