View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 08:14 PM
dljennings

years ago, i was traveling by plane with a 3 mo old baby in f front carrier, a 3 yr old in one of those umbrella strollers, diaper bag, tote bag, a sprained wrist & broken ankle... it was a fun trip..

i had to change planes with less than 1/2 hour layover time, and you just know the planes were as far apart as they could possibly be. i was really young, had no idea that with a little advance notice, the airline could have helped me

i was race hobbling thru the airport when 3 young marines asked if i needed some help.. one took the stroller & the bags, the other two put me & the baby in some kind of wounded carry, kind of made a seat with their arms & carried me to the gate.. they got away before i could even thank them.

i would never have made it in time without there help..and have always tried to make a point to help people traveling with small kids.. they always look so frazzeled, and of course to try to help any member of our armed services, even if its just paying a tab when i see them sitting in a restaraunt.