View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Mari

I agree. Other boards I read, but seldom participate in, seem to be bent upon established cliques. Such as-- swaps related to birthdays, or other fancy names, which I never ever read. Why should I when I am not interested in swaps? I am, more interested in a quilter's experience or questions and sharing those, than I am, in joining up with others in their swaps ad infinitum. I saw little interest in discussion of the various techniques or problems we all must face in quilting. It was more like a clique than a discussion of quilting. Some of them can also be nasty or ignore a newcomer into their clique if there is a hint of questioning. But I do not have to participate in those and I don't. I scroll past all the irrelevant postings that are not interesting to me. This site provides the best and the most friendliest of quilting information in a good format. One site I read, with the headings of non quilt related posts has more chatty, non quilt related headings than quilt related headings and often it is a discussion containing whining for something or the other. This site is really the best of them all..