View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 06:27 AM
quilter in the making

Here is the absolutely most delicious Italian Beef recipe called Monica's Italian Beef Recipe. I have no clue who Monica is, but found this recipe by internet search about five years ago and it's the only Italian Beef recipe I use anymore. In fact, I doubled this recipe in my extra large crock pot yesterday to have ready today since the kids weren't sure what time they'd be here. This way it's ready whenever. I make it with the beer and instead of the peppers I use a bottle of mild Giardiniera. I prefer the hot Giardiniera, but that is too spicy for the family.

Ingredients:

1 (3 to 4 1/2 lbs) beef roast, trimmed (chuck works
great)
1 can (12 ounces) beer (you choose the flavor), or use
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix
1 12-oz. jar Pepperoncini peppers, with the liquid
Hard Rolls, Bulkie Rolls, French Bread, etc.

Preparation:
Pour beer into crock pot. Drain liquid from pepperoncini into crockpot. Stir in the salad dressing mix until well-blended. Place about half of the peppers in the crockpot. Trim fat from the roast; place in crock pot on top of peppers. Top roast with remaining peppers. Cook Italian beef on low 8 to 10 hours Remove cooked roast from crockpot; cool slightly. While still warm, pull roast with two forks to shred. To serve, ladle small amount of warm liquid from crock over split roll or bread, top with shredded beef, then follow with more beef liquid as desired.

Serves 12 to 16

Serve with forks and a stack of napkins.