View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 07:32 AM
sewmary

1. Dear sister needs her wedding dress shortened at the shoulders. She thinks 10 minutes. I showed she what she would get for 10 minutes. Shes like "that would look terible" Took nearly 2 hours, not including fitting time. After all, how many times is your sister going to have a thrid wedding?
2. One af my MANY dear nieces calls up: Do I have a quilt finished I could let her have for a prayer quilt for her church? So finished a quilt top for her. What do I want for it? I bit my lip and said $30.00 (about pays for the thread) because it was a church after all.
3. Another dear niece says can I make my 3 year old great nniece a bag from "horsie" fabric? I will get the fabric for you. Oh oh n o I will get the fabric. Four hours of sewing later I have a bag to give her. I did want to ex periment with my own pattern and after all she is an adorable 3 year old.
4. Another niece is going to be in a wedding and needs her dress taken in "just a bit". In the end I will give in because she can't afford alterations.

And I work full time. and my house looks like c**p.

Conclusions I have reached:
1. I have way too much family.
2. I am indeed the favoite aunt.
2. I need to learn the word "no". (I overvolunteer also!)

Is there a program for sewers to learn to say no? (Just kidding - I know I do it to myself.)