View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 10:20 AM
j3intampa

Hi and thanks for writing back. I have joined several longarm groups on Yahoo, different brands but the Tin Lizzie group says if you are trying to do the lizzie stitch and seem to be having problems it is either the tension, the encoders or the encoder wiring. Alot of the members have had to buy new wires but I am not sure how old their models are. Tin Lizzie had some problems with the old style encoders. I think the Lizzie stitch is our equivalent of the stitch regulator but not sure. Oh, and one more thing have you adjusted the needle in anyway? One of the groups said if the needle is slightly off that will affect the stitching also. Have you possibly taken a sample of the stitching to your dealer to show them what is going on? Just a thought.
I double checked my instructions on installing the encoders and missed a crucial sentence. I have the Majestic frame and the back track needed to be pulled back as far as it would go (which, of course I didn't do) so I will need to take everything off and move that track back which will affect the front track and the table as well. So I am not sure of all the sticky stuff I put on the table, how that will turn out. The instructions said if the back track wasn't all the way back the encoder will not ride on the track, which it doesn't. Good luck Judy