View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 01:03 PM
love2sew8085

I have a Viking Mega Quilter that I bought from a friend a couple months ago. She never used it so is no help. I am quilting a full size quilt, when I do a FM pattern, like meandering, I have no problem but when I do SITD which I have to use the FM method because it is just too hard to use the walking foot and turn the quilt in the middle, etc, the thread breaks all the time. I am using tried and true thread that I have used with my Bernina 440 but I have the stitch regulator with that. This is my first machine that is truly me doing the FMQ. I have tried everything, changing needles I know there is nothing wrong with, changing the needle size, adjusting the tension, cleaning, oiling, checking and rechecking the bobbing tension, looping through 2 and 3 of the upper bar. Adjusted the speed, mine and the machines. It lookes like a turkey quilted this quilt. It is for my neice's HS grad and I am not happy with the results. I am seriously thinking of taking it in for repairs when I am done with this. HELP!!!!