Thread: longarm tension
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 01:37 PM
misoop

Shirley, you said the tension was too loose, others said too tight when you have rr tracks or eyelashes.????? Yes, I always practice on a sandwich quilt just like my quilt ie...same fabric, batting, etc. And, I did buy the bobbin genies and they did help. I've even bought the Towa bobbin gauge, and that seems to help some. But, of course, if you're not using superior threads, you don't have a good guideline to go by. I have some connecting threads that I like to use....their Essential Pro, too. I always use Bottom Line in my bobbin. I spend more time on trying to get my tension correct than I do quilting a queen size quilt!! It's that bad!!! It always seems to be with my top tension.....VERY hard to get to the right point!!! And lots of times, I'll be doing just fine, and then it's all over with!! So frustrating. And, I always check for a piece of lint, thread, etc...I keep it oiled and cleaned with every bobbin change. I've tried every tip I have received, and seems like the same ole problem every time I quilt a new quilt. By the time I finally get one done, I'm completely exhausted, but very proud of my quilt.....FINALLY!!