View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 01:45 PM
DogHouseMom

I'm not a chocolate 'lover'. I like chocolate when it's with something else ... peanut M&M's over regular for example. Sometimes I run into something really extraordinary.

Many years ago my old boss used to bring in a treat on Mothers Day. He went to a handmade candy store (Dan's Candies in downtown Joliet IL ~plug~) and brought us the most awesome and delicious chocolate covered strawberries. Dan hand picked the biggest, reddest, sweetest - most perfect strawberries then covered them in his own homemade chocolate. When I ate these, I made noises. I called it an "oralgasm". Yeah - they were THAT good.

Today I took a lunch to my husband (least I could do - he's working 7 days a week). On the way there I noticed a new shop had opened up near him - "The Nut House" in Wilmington IL. I stopped in thinking I'd get some nuts. As soon as I walked in, despite the fact that they were clear across the room, I spotted two enormous chocolate covered strawberries and I could see they were beet red. there were only two.

They are BOTH MINE. Sorry hubby ... when they make more I'll let you try.

Feast your eyes on these.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-214005.jpe