View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 03:55 AM
kathy

I have the Bailey 15" on the GMQ Pro frame. love them both. I'm having a thread breakage issue right now, it only wants to use the Dual Duty spool that he sends with it and I refuse to use that on all my quilts! I'm just a bit stuborn :roll: I think it's mostly the operator :oops: . Mr. Bailey is great at customer service. Mine has a speed regulator, it's like cruise control, it just keeps the motor at a constant speed so all you have to worry about is moving it at the right pace to get uniform stitches. The carrige that comes with it has a place to put the foot pedal and operate it with your hand if you want to go that way, I upgraded to a lightweight aluminum carriage and there is no place to use the pedal so for basting I have to just hold it in my hand. I don't think it would work well on a table for free motion because it's small, like a free arm, no place to put your hands and move the quilt around. I think it's the perfect "starter" longarm. In a year or so I hope to get one with more bells and whistles but for now I'm happy with this one. I have learned to follow pantographs pretty well but I'm not very good at freehand stuff. YET!