View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 02:49 PM
j3intampa

Hi again,
Dont' mean to bother you but wanted to let you know, if you already don't about the trunk show this coming week-end at the Sarasota/Bradenton airport in one of the hotels around there. DekKt's Out Quilting Supply will be putting it on with classes, supplies and a class on maintenance as well. I have emailed them and really hoping they will have the maintenance class again on Saturday, that's the only day I can go.
Their website is www.dekktoutquiltingsupply.com
email is [email protected]. Their shop is in Ohio and travel around doing shows and classes. They are a certified dealer in Tin Lizzie 18 and said it is very similar to our and not only are they willing to help solve any problems but are willing to make house calls too. Steve will even set up the frame/machines for you from what I read.
Well, I practiced this afternoon and for the most part it went really well. The bobbin miracously worked and the stitching looked really good. I did tighten the top tension knob a little and made sure that the tension lever was down (ouch!), I won't say how many times I forgot to lower that little jewel.
When I changed gears, went from speed to ruler and cruise she balked, quite a bit so I am not sure if it's because the back encoder hasn't been fixed yet. She did work really well in the stitch mode. I did use the bigger cones and noticed that the pull coming off the cones was really tight, thread shredded a couple of times. I will try your advice and put on some smaller ones and see if that drag stops. Oh and thanks for that tip on the bobbin winder, I didn't know that.
I do whole heartedly agree with you on the support issue. Spending this much money should at least give one a better manual, trouble shooting guide and dealer support. You wouldn't believe the reception I'm gotten from a couple of local's in the area about private lessons, guess they don't want the money and the Tin Lizzie dealer over in St.Pete said absolutely not, you didn't buy it from here. I just don't understand, don't they realize that if you help one customer they tend to buy more stuff there and spread the word? Judy