View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 05:28 PM
lovestosew

Originally Posted by gramajo
Originally Posted by marmalade
Originally Posted by Kitsie
OMG! So far (pg 3) there are 3 posts (including mine) about getting them stuck on your ..... you know where, at the doctor's office, my story included. Are we all remembering an old joke as something that happened to us or a friend??
I'm Canadian and I don't believe they were used up there! That is very strange! Will have to look at all the posts... :?:
Kitsie - I just asked dh, who grew up just outside of Niagara Falls, ON & he says he remembers collecting stamps, but he's not sure what kind. He thinks they could have been S&H, but he is really not sure.....

OK - to go along with this S & H stamp post - anyone remember the name of the grocery store you got them at???
and is the store still in business????

I remember "Acme" grocery store (in North Tonawanda,NY) for the green stamps. I think we got Plaid Stamps @ The Great Atlantic & Pacific Co (which then morphed into the A & P). Neither store is in operation today.

I THINK it was National Tea Co in the Chicago area.
Yes, it was National Tea in Chicago. That was my very first job. Originally, they were Del Farm Stores, and then were bought out my National, and then by A&P. I used to love pushing the buttons on the machine for the stamps. I think that was one of the reasons that I got the job in the first place. LOL I worked there from 1970-1976 when they closed.