Old 06-19-2011, 05:57 PM
Weedwoman

Originally Posted by ibeesewin
I just now found this neck of the woods. This is awsome since I am in the process of restoring a machine now. YEAH!!!
The machine I am restoring is a Singer 99-13. I don't have photo's of that since my camera bit the dust last week.
I do however have a couple of photo's of a machine I picked up a couple of weeks age at a garage sale for $20.00.
This is a De Luxe classic sewing machine. From what I have read so far about this machine is that it was made in Japan as a knockoff of the singer machine. This machine is in awsome shape. I have been sewing on it since it came in the door. Last week I was lucky enough to find the cabinet at my local Salvation Army store for $25.00. More then I really wanted to spend...but...it is in excellent shape and I am enjoying sewing on the machine so much I wanted to have it set up for easy access. Now I am not having to move machines from one place to another.
I did have to make a few minor adjustments to the cabinet. The machine will not be able to fold down because there doesn't seem to be anyplace for mounting screws on the bottom of the machine. But that is no problem...I enjoy looking at it. I didn't make the machine a permanent fixture to the cabinet so...if I want to make it portable I just pick up the machine and move it back to it's carrying case.
Here are a couple of pics that I have. The close up of the machine is not very clear...I think that is when my camera decided to take the dive.
Lynn
Welcome aboard, you'll love it here.