View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 10:43 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MsSage
I saw the tutorials and WOW.
I do have one questions in the book are the blocks mini or full size? What I am asking is do i have to figure out how big to make it for full size blocks LOL Sorry, trying to aviod frustration. I love the method but dont have the time to figure out size with as little time I have to work on blocks.
Thank you

Sorry to intrupt the conversation ....Keep going I am enjoying reading. :D
Montana quilter and MsSage

On page 25 I listed the size templates you would need to make a 12 1/2" or 10 1/2" quilt block. 2 1/2" for the 12 1/2" and 2 1/4" for the 10 1/2".

The book is about showing you how to design your own quilt blocks using the Boston Blocks. how you make the blocks and what size is entirely up to you.

I took a class a couple of years ago and was frustrated because we were expected to cut out each triangle with a template and sew the triangles together. I didn't. I came home and did it my way!

I just wanted to show how you can see "Boston Blocks" in tradional quilt blocks like the Card Trick. Joseph's Ladder is another one I do alot and the Ohio Star is my favorite and I do alot of variations of that one.
Also how you can get unexpected designs just by turning the "blocks" and changing the color combinations. I have a good time with my EQ5!!

I like to make (and my friend Dorothy makes them for me also) a bunch of them ahead and then I sit down and play with color and placement of the Blocks"

Of course I do a lot of scrappy stuff and we use a lot of differant colors.