View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 05:30 AM
DA Mayer

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-17339-1.htm
Check this quilt out and maybe you can adapt colors to match their theme colors.
Originally Posted by mizunogirl
I decided to sew a crib quilt for friends of mine that are having a baby boy. She appreciates traditional things, so I decided to go with an easy nine patch. (Yes, I now have two crib quilts going...). I asked to see what the nursery is going to look like so I could coordinate. She and Hubby have decided on Olive Green and Mustard Yellow. I know different stroke for different folks, but I gotta say the room is a little extreme. But it is their choice. So I went and found flannel on Fabric.com (thanks for the tip guys) But I have not been able to bring myself to buy it. I found some striping and a yellowish jungle pattern to break it up but still.
Add a brown with the colors, and it is your quilt, babies grow and maybe you can make one that is for toddler. Add bits of colors along with these colors and you should find something you like.
What are the worst colors you have sewed with and did you get a total headache while doing it?