Old 06-20-2011, 06:44 AM
Lori S

I very receintly purchased a pattern that , I thought was quite spendy for the item. It was a huge disappointment.
I purchase patterns for
1. THE VISUAL guidance. Not just words.
2 Step by step quidance with pictures, showing me what it should look like at each step .. so I do not go on tothe next step with a major problem or error.
3. Accurate yardage requirements and cutting . I once had a pattern that for colors it just said "lots" ... those that have a huge fudge factor .. really make me mad ... as I end up with lots of $$$ in the scrap bin that did not need to be. I once had a pattern that almost 30 percent of the yardage was "over" what I really needed ..
4. Show more than one color way of the completed project.. this give the insipration and helps with the visual .
5. Print the pattern in Color!! those shades of gray to indicate color changes are not very helpful.
6. Yardage and layouts for more than one size.

I purchase very few patterns from a download. Having been dissapointed in a few of my purchases , I have learned now to open the pattern and read it before I buy.

It is helpful if it is a paper pieced pattern to have the abiliy to purchase the pattern papers on line in a single unit down load. There are those times when you buy a PP pattern .. and because of problem you need just one or two more printed papers.