Old 04-27-2009, 01:56 PM
quiltwoman

so I went to AZ to see my dad who is dying from osteosarcoma--shocking is all I can muster. We had a wonderful visit. We surprised them and my mother cried for an hour she was so happy to see me and my kids. She asked me how I thought my dad looked ....so I lied.

My last day there, I went to my mom's little quilt store in Green Valley. We got here enough fabric/pattern/thread for her second wall-hanging. I sat down with her and wrote out everything. IT's really funny, she'd call me for directions but it's not the same as seeing things in person. I wish I'd of had more time as she want's to try applique by hand.....I told her to sign up for a class! LOL

I wish my mom was more of a "joiner" as there are many things she'd love to attend but she is so afraid of going by "herself". Ah, it troubles me so....

Anyway, I am home, back at the grind, and really missing my folks. We have all the arrangements in place for when we need them. My mom has decided to stay in Green Valley and move to a smaller home. I was not hurt but I wish she was closer so we could see her more.

Enough rambling...glad to be back in action! :!: