View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by omak
Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
You have a nice throat space and a spotlight. That has got to be awesome. I have a thread cutter on my new Janome, but haven't been using it, simply bc I read that ONE person, said, it would make you have to re-thread the machine.
I have a babylock quilt pro ... with thread cutter ... use it specifically on my quilting frame ... it cuts the thread, but as you noted, I have to always reload the bobbin after that happens. I THOUGHT I had read the manual really thoroughly (apparently, I got sidetracked with pictures) .. I went back and found that the bobbin starts being loaded the normal manner, but after that, there are two or three more notches that it has to go through in order to cut thread without losing the end. I haven't gone back and really worked it all out, but my SIL got the same machine, followed all the direction (she is a jewel) and has no problems whatsoever! Check to see if there are extra places for that bobbin thread.
Industrial sewing machines cut the thread and pick up for the next piece to be sewn, so we know it can be done
... I have missed something in the threading process ...
thanks, omak!!! :D