Old 06-20-2011, 12:16 PM
BuzzinBumble

Thank you all for the very warm welcomes and the creative support! Wow what a boost to my confidence. I am going to work on some more designs and also on improving the butterfly idea, maybe using Yarn or Fabric’s suggestion of using swirlies or SandyinZ4’s idea of alternating with a simple flower.

I’ve been zipping in and out of a lot of your posts and frankly am more than a little overwhelmed by all the awesome quilting skills on display. I truly am a novice with a ton to learn. I feel very silly giving You all ideas for quilting designs!

What I was REALLY hoping was that some of you might also have some ideas or might work up a design of your own to also share. Maybe we could get a whole OBW/hexagon quilting thread going that we all could refer to. It is really fun to make the designs.
Believe it or not, none of my designs so far seem just right to use on the OBW quilt I am currently working on for my daughter. It is made with a beautiful Asian Floral fabric. I will be posting pictures as soon as I can find the link up cable for my camera. Boy howdy could I use some suggestions!
That is neat what Feline Fanatic wrote about these designs translating into other types of quilts… that gives me the idea of checking out some quilting books from the library and seeing if the opposite applies and if any of the usual desings would work for a OBW.
Here is a question. Can you add anyone to your buddy list? Is there any kind of etiquette involved in doing so… like should you ask first? ‘Cause I would really like to add all of you!