View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Ellie'sNana

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
I made one by hand years and years ago, in fact, that's how I learned to do a Cathedral Windows quilt. I did it with small running stitches and whip stitched the flaps down. I started another one about a year ago and tried to do it Eddie's way on the machine but I found that trying to maneuver this queen sized quilt through the machine gave me a lot of trouble (may have been a matter of teaching an old dog new tricks!) At any rate, I love to hand stitch so I usually have 2 quilts going when I make a Cathedral Windows--one (not a Cathedral Window) done by machine and the Cathedral Window I do slowly in front of the TV. Just depends on how fast you need to get it done :D
I'd love to see some pictures of your quilts. I am not very familiar with some of our sewing terms. Could you explain what you mean by running stitch. I've looked at many pictures of cathedral window quilts but just can't seem to see up close to determine the type of stitching used. Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.