Old 06-20-2011, 01:37 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Now that I have the 401G and the 411G both working I do need to see if they will chain stitch. They do have to have special attachments/parts to do it. I do not know if other drop in bobbin Singer's will do that with the attachments.

My 411 also has a little raised piece that I can put around the throat plate in case I want to do free motion with the plate raised. I have not tried that yet. I do not have a foot for free motion yet.

DH and I looked at the machines to see how a treadle would go on it. It should be interesting to see if we can get it to happen. There is not a whole lot of metal under that wheel so be taking much of anything off. What would keep the belt from shifting off? I shot some pictures of the 401A and the 411G so you can see the differences.

401A on left 411G on right - treadle belt goes through the square hole on 411
[ATTACH=CONFIG]214542[/ATTACH]

If I could draw an arrow it would be to the right of the worm gear (next hole toward you)and then down - the treadle belt goes down there through the hole in the bottom in the picture above. Look at the 401G behind the 411G. You can see where the treadle belt goes through the base (square hole) and then up around the wheel for the front .
[ATTACH=CONFIG]214543[/ATTACH]

There is no groove for the belt - what keeps it where it is suppose to stay?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]214545[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-214536.jpe   attachment-214537.jpe   attachment-214539.jpe