Thread: Lyme Disease
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 06:37 PM
karenm36

Originally Posted by doll-lady
what kinds of symptoms do you have from lyme disease. i ask because i found a tick embedded and had died on my shoulder. i dug it out and then a month or so later, i woke up one morning with all ten toes and part of my feet completely numb. it was sunday so waited until monday and they thought i may have ms. they gave me some medicine for several days and it helped the symptoms but they didn't go away completely. they sent me to a neurologist and he did some tests for the ms but not the one that would really tells for sure so we just ended up and dropped it for the time being. i had gotten better but still have numbness in my toes and feet and hands. it is manageable so far. the doctors told me it was too late to test for the lyme disease. it has been 3 years and i am better than i was to begin with but still have numbness. they say i don't have diabetes, that their best guess is i have a virus and that they hope the symptoms will eventually go away but that they just don't know, that it might not.
My understanding is that it is NOT too late to be tested for Lyme Disease. I have a friend who had it undiagnosed for years. She had terrible complications and nearly died. Finally someone suggested she be tested for Lyme disease...and it was positive! Treatment is more intense when it's been in your body so long and she had a whole bunch of other co-infections because of it's duration but she is slowly improving. If you're not getting the testing you need then see if you can find another physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating it. It will only get worse if that's what you have. Good luck!