Thread: DOWNSIZING
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 07:49 PM
jaciqltznok
Banned

Originally Posted by JSNOMORE
DH and I have recently been talking about downsizing.The kids are all grown and have homes of their own. We have a 5 bedroom house with 11 rooms total. While I do agree it's a whole lotta house I think what is really scaring me is losing all of my sewing space. Right know I have the entire second floor. I have a beautiful sewing cabinet that my Dad built with a lift up extension to make it 6 ft square. A sit down tin lizzie 18. A stand up homemade frame with a jenome 1600p that I am in the process of trying to sell and a grace hand quilting frame. My spinning wheel , My embroidery machine and all of the gadgets and fabric to go along with all of it.
Maybe I'm just afraid of packing it all. The good thing is we are looking at 2 houses that are in walking distance of my favorite quilt shop.( this could be trouble).
Has anyone else been through this recently. Our neighborhood isn't what it used to be and I really would like to go somewhere new. I guess just a little scary when you have lived in the same house for 20+ yrs.
YIKES>>.you will still need quite a bit of space for all of that stuff!...and you know what I say about the grass being greener on the other side of the fence....greener means it takes more fertilizer(nice word) and work to keep it green! Our neighborhood is NOT what I would have chosen, but it is a nice house and we can afford it...sooo we make do....story of my life...

my best friend from school searched out the PERFECT state, city, block etc to retire and build her DREAM home....a year later they sold and moved 8 states away...why you ask...her NEW perfect neighborhood had 3 crack houses busted in it within a year.....we are talking $250,000 plus homes in an upscale area of Oregon....

goes to show you...you just NEVER know who lives next you...and perfect is usually in our heads...not in the realm of reality!