View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 02:13 AM
NauDeeGal

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Originally Posted by cherylynne
Beautiful quilt. I was always told to be nice to the school custodian, too. Sounds like she was good to you.
I have been in the school system for 27 years. Always was encouraged to make friends with the custodian first, the secretary second....have always kept that policy and it has certainly afforded kindness that others in the building just never seem to get!
Awe! Your quilt is so adorable. Love the colors, fabric print, and quilt layout for this gift.

On a second note, your generosity for this gift really hit home for me. My mom used to be a custodian. She had a great reputation with the teachers, even the ones that their classrooms were not her responsibility. My mom would do extra for them too. Her co-workers did not have the same relationships with their teachers, but they also did not put out the extra effort that my mom did. My mom had me make gifts for her teachers and other coworkers whenever she wanted to give them something handmade, usually tote bags, Christmas tree skirts, etc. On behalf of my mom....Thank you for recognizing the custodians.