View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 06:01 AM
mimisharon

I have not been on in the last few days because of holding phone and prayer vigil over one of my neice'. She was in a boating accident on Saturday afternoon, I got the call from another sister while trying to serve the Wounded Warrior Bike Rally. The boat capsized.

At first she was trying to breathe on her own, but she had a lot to overcome. None of them were wearing life vests. Her husband helped save a friend that was with them, then he realised Amanda hadn't come up, so he went after her, did CPR until the EMS got there, ended up having a mild heart attack himself. His step-father, drowned in the accident) was teaching them to drive the boat and they were going to stop to look at a pool of fish or something in the Ohio River.

They did an EEG on Sunday, no brain activity. They did another yesterday morning and still no activity. Her kidneys shut down. She will have any viable organs harvested at 1 this afternoon. She leaves behind her mother, (my middle sister) her husband, father, and two beautiful little girls 7 and 3, all her aunts, cousins, uncle, and a large family that will sorely miss her.

To say that this has been devastating is an understatement. I can tell you that I saw her within 30 minutes of her birth and she had the deepest darkest most beautiful eyes. She was always a beautiful girl/woman. I will not be able to go to the funeral in WV, I could put Roy in a nursing home for a week but he wouldn't be here when I got back, so I'm staying here with him.

Keep the family in your prayers today and I ask that you remember those baby girls. They are going to feel this in a most painful way.

I'm sorry to bring anyone down, but I needed to share with my "family" here. I'm miserable and red eyed. I'm going to the sewing machine and make my sister a quilted prayer shawl. That's all I CAN do from here.
Hugs,
Sharon