View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 06:28 AM
henryparrish76

Originally Posted by k3n
I've read 65 at least once, many several times, Wuthering Heights is my favourite book of all time and I can quote large chunks from memory - so much so that when we were watching a film adaptation (a pretty accurate one, generally) the other week, I drove DH up the wall - Heathcliff didn't say THAT, he said... Cathy actually said....!!! And so on! After he complained, I restricted myself to occasional derisive snorts!

You can bump my total up to 67 if I can include parts of the Bible and some of the works of Shakespeare - King Lear is my favourite. I love reading and can read really fast - I like trash as well as classics, I'm not picky! I read an entire Dean Koontz on the ferry back from England (5 hours, but we had a meal as well). I read Kane and Abel - nearly 5 inches thick - in a day! People say I must skip read, but I don't!

K x
Wuthering Heights was one of the books I struggled to complete when I was in high school. That is until I used my imagination and turned it into a soap opera in my head as I read it. I went back a few years ago and read it and didnt even have to use the soap opera trick.

( I was a huge fan of soap operas in high school and college)