View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 05:07 AM
DeeBooper

Originally Posted by Carrie Jo
Good Morning to all my quilting friends. My son is turning 28 this coming up weekend and I am hosting a BBQ for him. But I am very tired of the same old potatoe salad, pea salad, cole slaw stuff. I was hoping that with so many wonderful friends here from all over the world that maybe you all could give me some new fresh ideas. I would really appreciate it if someone would share a recipe with me that is a tried and true sucess for a get together. Thank you all in advance.

Carrie Jo
This is what I always make and it's the first thing gone where ever i go. It is a fruit salad: Use one large tub of whipcream (or a smaller one if you want...bigger has more whip taste)...mix in real well a package of jello (regular, not sugar free and dry)..I like the orange.....Add a container of cottage cheese and mix well( I use small curd).... I drain all my fruit very well and even soak it on paper towels(you don't want a lot of juice)....Cut up a whole jar of marachino cherries, a can of mandarin oranges, and put in well drained crushed pineapple. Mix it all in ,voila, you're done.Put in fridge for at least an hour.... WARNING...you will have to make it all the time!!!!!!! Enjoy!...of course this has to be put on ice or kept cold