View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 07:27 AM
toomanycats

Originally Posted by Mommomjoann
You will be fine after your knee,it's good exercise for the knee to bend!!! Work it out!! Mine is great!!! Good luck!
thanks for the encouragement. it is always nice to hear. Still waiting to see if the insurance will pick it up this time. they are getting so pickey I had my left knee replaced july 26 04 and on oct 31 04 I had to climb back on a horse (rather I got on the trailer fender and slithered across onto the saddle) and trailed cattle out in the hills to winter pasture. bought a new 2 year old (one that is small enough for me for a change!) the following spring and rode her out. my knee replacement was the best thing I ever did next to buying Poptart. My dad had two hip replacements and at 88 still drove tractor and rode his motorcycle and went dancing twice a week. then he tripped and fell and broke his femor just walking from the home office into the kitchen and missed the little rise in the floor. he isn't healing well now. but his hips didn't slow him down much. with joint replacement just learn to do things a little different. my biggest problem is arthritis hands, back, pelvis where it is healed wrong from a fracture from a colt falling on me years ago. the cold really sets me off. can even be a slight breeze in the house from a ceiling fan or the air conditioner in the truck. The knee dr. knows better than to tell me not to ride. he said that would be my encouragement to do my therapy and he was right. anyway, now am rambling. I did try using the left foot and found if I just do it no problem...think about it and is more ackward!