Thread: advertising...
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 05:49 PM
kluedesigns
Banned

i look at the ads for the new fabric lines that are coming to market and any new quilting tools or notions.

if your business is an actual quilt store it might be a good idea to start taking out ads in magazines and local papers plus online.

if your business is to sell the items you make i would suggest your local art festivals.

i work with Artrider and actually have a huge show coming soon. i'm not sure if they only work with contemporary artists or not. i have met other artists that work with them that do traditional art of their homeland.

then we also have a local art festival that is invitational only - you submit a bio and pics. then if you pass that you meet with them and bring your art pieces. i was very honored to be a part of it last year.

i would suggest you tap into your local art community and find out whats going on and if you can make it work for you. go to local gift shops and galleries with your work and ask them if they would take it in on consignment.

i work with 2 shops and i just give them the stuff and then when it sells we both get paid and i give them more stuff to sell.