Old 06-21-2011, 07:05 PM
AbbyQuilts

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
I brough home a new one. My mom bought it for me as a present

It is a Singer 15 made in Germany (this one really was made there lol) and it has a little table I love it!
It came from a nice couple that is in the military and bought it when they were stationed over there in Germany. Now they have to move again and didnt want to lug it

I want to use it for FMQ I couldn't figure out how to drop the feed dogs so I just loosened the screw and lowered them permanently(till I put the screw back)

Anyone know what sub model this one is Singer lost the records.
The serial number is C830466
Gingerbread or Tiffany decals; either a 15-30 or 115. 15-30 is ocillating shuttle; 115 is rotary.
Thank you Billy and Miz Johnny. Its is a 15 it has the oscillating bobbin so that means its a 15-30. Thanks so much!

Billy I could not find a knob under the bed, but I watched the motion of how the feed dogs move and I saw a screw that that held and arm in place that moves the feed dogs, so I loosened that screw and moved it over so the arm would drop. That worked to lower the feed dogs.
Now I cant get the feed dogs but up right but that okay since I am only using this one for FMQ.

I am working on getting her tension right for quilting and it should be great!