View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 05:48 AM
Peggy

I have made many throws using the panel idea. I do not buy purchased panels but make my own. The basic pattern was given to me by a Hancock employee in Hattiesburg, Ms, a couple of years ago (drawn on the back of a ticket). I made one just to see how it would turn out and loved it. Since then, it is one of my favorite quickies. Here are the directions:

Center panel: Cut one 20x36" piece of a fabric that would work well as a center panel or a fabric that you just LOVE

lst border: Cut four complimentary strips - 2.5" x width of fabric (needs to be at least 44")

2nd border: Cut four complimentary strips - 3/5" x width of fabric "
(can sometimes get by with 3 strips)

3rd border: Cut four complimentary strips - 5.5" x width of
fabric

Cut four 10x5 squares out of the remaining panel fabric

Sew side borders together first and add to panel - trim ends. Sew top & bottom borders together - making sure that they are going in the right direction. Trim to width of center panel. Add a square to the side of each border set - making sure that they are in the correct direction - if that applies.

Now sew your borders to the top and the bottom of the panel.

YOU ARE DONE! QUICK & EASY!!!!!!!!!!

I am currently working on a horse theme Christmas throw for my daughter who loves horses (fabric from Hobby Lobby). Borders are white, red, & green. It is beautiful!

I usually just tie these as I make so many. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask or send a PM.