View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 06:55 AM
omak

Originally Posted by Loretta
Just curious- what do you quilters do with five cutting mats? they are kind of pricey, so you have quite an investment!
oh, DUH! moment for me! I didn't understand your point!
Here is what I do with five cutting mats. <g> you weren't talking storage, were you? LOL
I have the warped one, and cut it into two pieces, so they are hung strategically around the bunkhouse, depending on where they fit ... I inherited a set of drawers, designed by a hubby for his quilty wife, and so when I bought the new cutting mat, I could afford more and bigger, and that is what I bought ... and, put the set of drawers in the big house with the big cutting mat on top .. this is where I do the big cutting jobs and squaring up a quilt top, since the cutting table is in the same place as the frame ... then, my daughter had a cutting mat that she didn't need any more, so I brought it out to the bunkhouse for those three am mornings I sometimes enjoy, so it is out here for those moments. And, the last cutting mat I have was purchased at a quilting class when I hadn't planned on cutting anything (long story about a not very well presented class instruction, but that is beside the point!) I needed it so I bought a small one from the quilt shop.
And, THAT! that is why I have, and what I do with more than one cutting mat. :D My mom says I always was a rather clever child, though not necessarily a pleasing one. LOL