View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 12:41 PM
nhnative

Originally Posted by MargeD
I'm not sure if there is flooding in the are around Lincoln, Omaha and Crete, NE, but there might be I know there is a lot of flooding along the Missouri River in SD and Iowa. I have a brother that lives in Ohio that is not sure whether they will be able to get to the reunion because they have to pass over 2 bridges over the Missouri to get to NE. Hopefully the river will go below flood stage by then. I know my brother in SD didn't mention any flooding where they live, but there is considerable flooding by the river and in the lower levels. You just never know where it will happen. About 5 years ago we had TWO 100 year flooding in Litchfield, NH right in a row. The first flooding took out a bridge in my neighborhood and the next year it took out the bridge lower down on the brook. It was unbelievable the amount of land that was swept away when the bridge went. But two 100-year floods in two years was unheard of. Take care, I've got to get back to pin basting that quilt.
I just looked at the weather channel and the flooding right now is North Dakota. Where I live now everytime it rains a lot the Cuyahoga River overflows the banks and it closes some roads but that's down in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. I live on the upside of the Valley and about 7 miles from there. It seems when it rains it pours and for a short time. I guess if you live near water you have to be careful. I don't remember that in Lichfield. About a month ago we had a microburst (a tornado that didn't touch ground) that uprooted trees. One fell on a house and a car and then 2 weeks after 2 streets from me a tree fell on a car as it was backing down the driveway. That was because of all the rain we had in May. Get back to the basting. I have to take my mother for another ride. Pat