View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 07:51 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lfw045
Originally Posted by ghostrider
Isn't this rather like discussing which is better, chocolate or vanilla? This board mostly appeals to new quilters, those that use ready-made patterns, that favor traditional quilt blocks, and that want things fast and easy. Other boards have other characteristics and appeal to other types of quilters. That does not make their members any less friendly, caring or helpful. None is "better" than another, they are just different. An open mind, like an open door, can bring many worthwhile experiences.

You are absolutely correct! :D
I strongly don't agree. When you post a question on a forum or board and noone answers you or aknowledges you then I do not think it is a matter of being differant but of being a not so terrific message board.
I have seen some that are not well attended- none on it for days or weeks and that does not speak well of that forum.
I am not saying there are not good ones out there but if you can't talk to anyone on it is not any good to me.
I had gotten the same lack of interest on every one I had looked at before I found this one. The first thing I looked for here was how long ago had anyone posted anything on it. If it is more than a day or two or a week at the most then I wasn't interested.

And for the record I have been quilting for 30 years I am not a beginner and I know some of you like Izy are experienced quilters as well.

Yes everyone has differant needs but to generalize those needs leaves some of us out of your equation.
No intention to offend anyone but in my opinion I get more of my quilting needs of companionship and quilt talk and ideas from here than anywhere else I have been online or off.
Because we have a large diversity of skill levels and personalities there is something for everyone not just one type of quilting or a narrow view of what quilting should be. And there is rarely a negative comment made here. This is not intended to be negative just my opinion!

That is what makes this "Better " than most (you notice I said MOST) boards that are out there. I will allow that there are probably good ones out there but I have not seen them.

I enjoy all of you and listening to your lives!! Thanks for letting me rant!! Rhonda