View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by daffodil
wow, what a great method! why didn't I think of that??!!

Rhonda, I understand the method pretty well, do I really need a template, or could I cut the square unit any size, as long as my pieced unit was large enough???
You can use any size template you want. You could probably even use a ruler in place of a template but I think the template works the best for accuracy. I only show and provide the 1 1/2" template because I wrote two tutorials for miniature projects and the free template offer was so I could get a template out there for people who got the tutorials or wanted to do the hotpad pattern in my EBook. Anyone who wants one is more than welcome to one but it was a way to get people to try my methods.
I show in the book that you can use a 2 1/2" template to get a 12 1/2" quilt block. That is using my "Blocks" in a 6 across by 6 down layout.
I also show how you can learn to see the "Boston Block" opportunities in traditional quilt blocks like the Card Trick or the Boston Star.
So it is a springboard for your imagination to take you whereever and how you do it is up to you. You don't have to do it exactly like I do. It is just to give you ideas.

And I do hope to see pictures soon!