Thread: duck for sale
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 03:17 PM
ptquilts

Have to share this story that made me laugh! I was selling a stuffed duck toy on Ebay - the woman who bought it sent me this message when she paid.

Hi - there are several mallard ducks on the lake of my apartment complex. my husband & i take care of our youngest granddaughter (10 months) 3 days a week...i taught her to say 'duck', so now, as soon as her parents pull up to my building, she starts saying 'duck, duck, duck..." so cute! i now take her & feed the ducks bread, etc. there are about 40 of them. sorry to ramble here, i just wanted you to know that she will adore this item. thanks so much in advance!

Then when she received the duck, she sent this -

i received the duck 2day in the mail...oh my gosh, u should have seen skylar when i gave it to her! she just kept saying, "duck...duck...duck...duck..." and she hugged it and kissed it, it was sooooooooooo precious! (remember, she's only 10 months old)
her mom got off early today, so i had to go get her and take them home...she carried the duck all the way to the car, and when i put her in her carseat, she had to keep switching it from one hand to another because she wouldn't let go of it long enuf for me to buckle her in!
when we got to their house, her mom said, "okay, say bye to ur duck, she has to go back home with grandma!" when she tried to take it from her, skylar started to cry and kept grabbing for it saying, "duck duck duck duck"...so i said, "oh heck, nici, just let her take it, i can always order another one for my house."

I guess that qualifies as a happy customer!!

here it is - what every 10 month old wants!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215422[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-215416.jpe