Old 06-22-2011, 04:33 PM
miriam
Power Poster

I got all the treadle bases out of the garage. I got them all cleaned up and oiled the action. There is a "New Home", a Singer and possibly a "Free" (it doesn't have a name but I saw a "Free" on one like it) The "New Home" wheel rubs some where now that I got all the thread picked out of the action - is there a way to fix it? Other wise it turns pretty smooth. The Singer works great. The "Free" sure looks cool with all the circles and diamond shapes and it works good but not as smooth as the Singer. What have you all noticed about treadles? I found a table top that just unscrewed off the base - no sides at all. I intend to use the machine not store it in the table. Now to get it in a place I want to use it and get it all screwed together. I have a very long work week this week but I've spent a little time playing with the Singer 401G. I have to come up with another table top for the 411G. The 411G also needs spool holders. Does anybody know how to attach them? I'm thinking a nail on a board or a paint roller on a hook on the wall or something alternative at this point. That poor machine was very abused. Lint clogged bobbin, bent needle shaft, broken spool holders, and they broke the cabinet to get the hinges out of the cabinet - serious damage. I hope they don't own a dog or have kids. Some people just shouldn't own sewing machines. If it would have been in fantastic shape, I guess it would have cost me more to buy it.