View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 03:24 AM
QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by sandpat
I'm just like you Dee....I only work on them at night (well with the exception of sewing the trapunto blocks for my center today). I enjoy doing all the hand sewing at night with DH in front of the tv. I can't seem to sit without doing something with my hands.

I did get all the poly batting sewn on the trapunto blocks today. I think I am going to sew the center together before adding the extra batting to the setting tris though. I'm too afraid of working with the bias edges. So...they will be a little more difficult to do as it will be a little harder to stuff through the machine and also to trim...but I'll get it done that way. I think it will work out better, but heck...what do I know??? LOL!
Dee . . . I see my twin beat me to it! I, too usually only work on AOTH in the evening, after work, while watching TV. Sometimes I get in a good sewing day on the weekends, but not always. This won't be one one of those weekends. Our local Quilt Festival is going on, so must get there. Also need to go to Post Office, so that blows the whole morning! Will take DH out to lunch, too.

I have other irons in the fire besides AOTH that I need to get going on, but I am tring to get the AOTH blocks finished. Am also making a quilt for DH's office & I have a log cabin quilt that I made as the sample for a LC workshop I taught in March that I would like to get basted & quilted for DH as he expressed a liking for "the colors" in it. It's B&W with red.