Thread: Thread Question
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 05:15 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i buy all my threads (well except my silks) from connecting threads- they are all wonderful
there are (traditionalists) who will tell you to never use anything but cotton thread- it is sad they are so (narrow minded) they will not even try the wonderful new threads on the scene.
try every thread you can find- in every color===there is so much out there to offer!
that being said- i have 3 different machines- each has it's own personality---and one is crazy picky about the threads i can use
i used to go to quilt shows and buy $18 cones of thread from venders only to get them home and find the thread would not work in my machine---i stopped buying expensive thread that seems to be expensive because it says quilting somewhere---i hate paying for lables and packaging!
i can not use coats & clark double duty threads in any of my machines- i can not use YLI verigated threads in one of my machines---
when i tried the connecting threads thread i ordered on spool-just to see- it was wonderful- and i started buyinng sets---getting a good color selection built up now :)