Old 06-23-2011, 06:34 AM
himnherr

I found this totebag pattern here: http://www.allfreesewing.com/bags-an...patchwork-tote
I had all these fabrics in my scrap pile from 2 different quilts and remnants from a skirt I made. I thought it came together beautifully, if I do say so myself. :-)
We're going to a family wedding this weekend out of state and I'm taking it to my mother-in-law then. She has IBS and so always carries a change of clothes with her wherever she goes, just in case. I saw this pattern and knowing her favorite color is aqua (her engagement ring was a topaz) I knew this would be perfect for her. I shortened the straps by 2 inches, so she can just run her arm through it or grab them up as handles. I debated whether I should just make it one shoulder strap, which I would do for myself, but the bag is so long to begin with that I thought 2 shorter ones would be best. The only thing I did different to the pattern was to bring the lining fabric out on top of the bag and make it trimmed in that. I like that look best with this type bag. Don't you just love that shirred band towards the bottom!? I tell you- I LOVE this bag. It's going to be hard to give it up. :lol:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-215598.jpe   attachment-215599.jpe   attachment-215600.jpe