View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 07:25 AM
oarai

Yes indeedy! The quilt made for my sister in honor of her high school graduation is finished. Once upon a time, it looked like this!

Sister's quilt avec Patches by unkrikkett, on Flickr

Now it looks like this!

Quilt! And the dog. by unkrikkett, on Flickr

The animals kind of adore sitting on my projects. But they won't look at me while doing it. Clearly they are guilty things.

Quilt! On the fence. by unkrikkett, on Flickr

These upright metal... parts of an archway are so nice for framing quilts. A pity I can't center things.

Quilt! And the backing. by unkrikkett, on Flickr

The backing and the front together! I dig the colors.

Quilt! And the quilting. by unkrikkett, on Flickr

The quilting! With rainbow thread. The idea was kind of scribbly casual flowers. It's anybody's guess if I succeeded.

Quilt! And the binding. by unkrikkett, on Flickr

Speaking of succeeding, the binding this time is the best yet. I think I might finally be getting the hang of this thing. Not -quite- right, but we're getting there!

It's all progress progress progress. I'm a fair chunk of the way through sewing the top on the chain of faith quilt I picked out for my next project.

I'll admit, when I first picked up quilting I figured I'd learn it, be amused for a couple of months, then get bored with it. I'm kind of surprised how much I've taken to it. Luckily, there's no shortage of people around me who would be ~*happy*~ to take any extras off my hands.