View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 08:52 AM
Wunder-Mar

Below is the cover of a fabulous 30's quilt book "Link to the 30's - Making the Quilts We Didn't Inherit" by Kay Connors and Karen Earlywine. The weblink: http://www.amazon.com/Link-30s-Makin...dp/1564778797.

The cover quilt is JEWELED WEDDING RING, and it knocked me out of my socks. Such a striking variation of the double wedding ring block. Most of the book's quilts are from original McCall's quilt patterns from the 30's. Other patterns that caught my eye are Chain Link And Sweet Insanity. The weblink can navigate you to the inside cover pages that show photos of the finished projects in the book.

I got the book through the interlibrary loan program at our library; give your local library branch the title, author, publisher and ISBN number to track it down for you at no cost - this'll give you time to check out the patterns in this book without having to buy the book. I get a lot of quilt books this way and those I like I buy online; those with not much or nothing to offer go back at no cost. Needless to say, I bought this book and can't stop looking at it.

Keepsake Quilting has the solid color 30's fabrics if you need a source.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-215648.jpe