Old 06-23-2011, 11:02 AM
saf

Originally Posted by SueSew
Has any one else but me found their perfect-whatever June Tailor ruler chewed up by their rotary cutter?

I had a Dritz which I loved because you could be a left-hander and see the cutter blade easily. But it chewed up my June Tailor ruler where you moosh the ruler into a slot.

So... I went to JoAnns and bought an Olfa on the firefly sale. I won't buy the ones you have to press a lever to get the blade out because I am used to the presss-down Dritz method.

The Olfa is hard to seethe blade if left-handed. It mostly works but has also cheweed up a couple slots in the ruler.

SO... now I have blades trashed by cutting plastic and I am still wondering how to cut on a slot ruler without ruining it. I am going to file down the plastic gouges, and if that doesn't work I am going to light a match and soften it up.

I do love it when it works - after I 'learned' to cut straight 22" strips I broke down and bought a big one, and the small one I bought for HST/QST before I knew what those terms meant is awesome, unless I chew it up.

HOW??? do you use a June T or other slot ruler without cutting into the plastic? Am i the only spazz on this board?(don't feel you need to hold back - I know I am a spazz and have great sense of humor)

Thanks, Sue
I have had the same problem and I'm right handed. Thought it was just me.