View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 12:28 AM
Barb M

I received a lovely note from Sharon, she would love very much if we could make quilts for her two great neices, Alexis and Victoria. They will miss their mom so much, and so i thought a kisses and hugs quilt pattern would be so perfect. I have a link to the pattern here:

http://www.quiltpox.com/patterns/Hugs/

These will make 10 inch finished blocks (10 1/2 unfinished) We can use their directions if anyone finds that easier, or we can make them all out of 2 1/2" patches (2 inches finished). I think if some are made the pattern way, and others are made with all patches, it will look good with both. I prefer to do the patches myself. You can see in that quilt that lots of dif fabrics are used, the main thing is for us each to use a white background on our block. I think if we pick any kind of girly colours, they will look nice. Maybe some pinks and purples, yellows, etc. I'm thinking, these are 10" blocks, so we could make the quilts 50 x 70. I'm not sure yet if Sharon would like to put the finished blocks together, or if she would like us to do that for her. So i was thinking, whoever would like to do this, if you could make them in sets, for every x you make, make an o also. That way we have an even number of x's and o's. So one x and one o we can call a set. We wil need 35 sets altogether to make both quilts. Please post those that would like to do this, and let's post our blocks as we get them done, this will be fun to see what we are all doing. Does this sound good everyone? I will try and make some up tomorrow for sure