Thread: Oregon weather
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 12:22 PM
TonnieLoree

I couldn't get back to this last night. The lights blinked after one clap from God. This knocked out my telephone and internet. That should have been a message or something. "get off the computer and start sewing again". But no, I grabbed my cell phone and called Charter, to which I spent the next 2 hours trying to restore my services. The land line was restored, but still no internet. Tech support scheduled a service call for me for tomorrow afternoon. So, I took a Excedrin PM, and read a book while I sulked.

After a refreshing 8 hours of well needed rest, I woke up with a new attitude. I was determined to fix this myself. Obviously I did or you wouldn't be reading this right now. :-) My computer kept telling me that the modem was not connected. ?? So, I disconnected the line from the modem that goes into the computer, and then plugged it back in. I'll be darned if that wasn't the problem! All of a sudden the internet spoke to me again!! I knew I could do it. I kicked some gremlin arse and saved myself a service call from a technician who probably would have unknowingly exposed his major butt crackery to my cat........Life is good once again.