View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Mo_Chride

So, it looks like I am finally going to get my own sewing room. I started quilting seven years ago and managed to carve enough room from the corner of my DH's office in the basement to put a 6x3' table for my machine, cutting, etc. There is a 2x3 set of wire drawers that is 6' high and a shower curtaing rod that we have hung from the ceiling that I can put things to get them out of my way but my chair does have to sit under one end. There is a plastic fence thing that we have put up to discourage the children from going in there since it is one big open room to their play room. Doesn't work so great anymore now that they are big enough to climb over but it sort of reminds them most of the time. Also, everything always has to go away since my DH has to be able to run his home business right behind me.

So, we finally found a house that we both like enough to put an offer on. He will finally get his own office and I will get my own "studio" space. My room will be 13x10'. One of the 10' walls faces east and is a bank of windows. One of the 13' walls has a 2' window right in the corner at the SE corner. The other 13' wall has the door in the NW corner.

So, finally to the discussion. The room will be painted. What colour is particularly helpful to a quilting room? What kind of blinds would be particularly good for this type of room? What sort of "furniture" should I be looking for. Basically, have some fun designing a quilting room from scratch! Oh, and I pretty much have no stash so large amounts of stash storage is not currently necessary but I could see the possibility of the need in the future and there is not a closet in the room. I would be considering a long arm of some sort in the future too.

Thoughts?

Tara