View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 03:08 PM
clsurz

Originally Posted by DonnaC
Here's a picture of the back of my Featherweight 75, showing the metal handle which is built in. (It doesn't come with a case. There is a special bag that Singer makes which holds the machine and accessories, which I purchased separately.) Also show in the picture is the foot control, which is small, round and made of black plastic.

Even though they call it a Featherweight, it's not extremely lightweight nor does it feel like a cheap plastic machine. It does not slide all over the table when you're using it - it's very sturdy. I have done some really heavy-duty stuff on mine and had no problems.

I actually have a full-sized Brother sewing machine that feels a lot "cheaper" than this Featherweight, is more lightweight and does slide all around when sewing. So I like this Singer much better!

This Featherweight also comes with an extension table which is standard equipment. It's nice to have that larger, sturdy surface to sew on.

Exactly! It's not that light weight and it does not bounce around. It looks like a smaller version of a Singer Futura machine and those are heavy monsters compared to this featherweight.

I also agree regarding the Brother. I have a full size one too and it looks made alot cheaper and bounces or sometimes seems like parts are bouncing in there. This featherweight is awesome compared to that Brother for sure.

I'm am amazed at how well made it is and despite what somewhat else said it is not all made of plastic. There are some medal parts on and in the machine.